PA Vs NP Education.

This kind of misinformation is quite common. I don't know if PAs or the AAPA is just quiet about the profession or if it's just the nursing lobby doing their thing. A simple search for physician assistant vs. nurse practioner brings up things like this: http://onlinenursepractitionerprograms.com/nurse-practitioner-vs-physician-assistant-whats-the-difference/

PAs need to completely rebrand our profession. The misinformation and lies about PAs on that website is disgusting. The NP writer has to know better and is obviously ignorant.

That's not true. There are plenty of program that don't require hours.

I don't know any of the program that do not require hours. Yes, there are programs don't state minimum hours but most of students( >90%) who got accept have at least thousands hours working as CNA, EMT or MA...( just look at those statistic of those get accepted..)

This kind of misinformation is quite common. I don't know if PAs or the AAPA is just quiet about the profession or if it's just the nursing lobby doing their thing. A simple search for physician assistant vs. nurse practioner brings up things like this: http://onlinenursepractitionerprograms.com/nurse-practitioner-vs-physician-assistant-whats-the-difference/

They really did a good job at subliminal marketing in their word choices as well as layout. For example they list 13 specialties an NP can go into and only list 8 a PA can be in leaving the reader to believe their options are limited. I also like at the end of the article there's immediately an advertisement for an online NP program followed by a bunch of trade schools to get your LVN/RN.

We really need to undergo a brand awareness campaign and do our own guerrilla marketing utilizing SEO as well as traditional branding media outlets. I hear this everyday at work as to why am I becoming a PA and not an NP and it's suprising the responses and questions I get asked about our comparison. Definitely looking forward to getting involved to correct this in the near future.

Archived