West Liberty U WV, class starting July 2013

Hi,

I interviewed at West Lib on Jan 23rd. I believe they said they are accepting 19 students? The interview was a little different than my others, we actually went in in groups of 2 or 3, with 2 faculty members, who asked both general questions "why do you want to be a PA, tell us about your health experience", as well as situation questions "what would you do if a patient was demanding an MRI?". Sometimes they ask each student the same question, sometimes they ask different. I was in a group of 3, but most people interviewed in pairs. It is very much a Q&A session, NOT a group discussion. The competency tests were not bad, and you have plenty of time to do them - you might want to refresh a little on med term, but they told us the test results don't affect admission. The interview portion lasts about 45 mins per group. Afterwards, you get a chance to talk to the students without any professors around. They told us they will interview through mid February and we should hear from them by the beginning of March.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... has anyone who has interviewed already been offered admission yet? I only applied to two schools (South College and WLU) and have an offer from South that I need to accept/decline by Friday. I would prefer WLU but don't want to pass up South and then not get in to WLU! AH!!

I haven't heard a word from them since my interview. I just went ahead and placed my deposit at the first school that offered me a seat, and have done two more interviews since then.. I figured if another school that I'd rather go to offers me a seat, I can just withdraw. Yes, losing a deposit sucks, but in the longhaul of things - having to take out close to $100k - a few hundred dollars isn't that much to worry about. :)

I haven't heard a word from them since my interview. I just went ahead and placed my deposit at the first school that offered me a seat, and have done two more interviews since then.. I figured if another school that I'd rather go to offers me a seat, I can just withdraw. Yes, losing a deposit sucks, but in the longhaul of things - having to take out close to $100k - a few hundred dollars isn't that much to worry about. :)

I hear ya! Congrats on knowing you will be pursuing your education either way then! The offer I have is requiring a deposit of $1,500 to hold my seat!!!! Crazy, right?! Time si of the essence for me... I don't want to lose $1,500 especially when I support myself and finance my own education/bills - ugh. Fingers crossed!

I just had an interview on the 30th and it was a group interview as well as individual. I was in a group with 2 other people. After the group interview they talked to us one by one. There were four of the Staff members interviewing my group. All of them were nice and seemed to actually care. Which is a change from some of the other schools. If you are interviewing don't be too nervous, just come prepared. :)

Thanks! Do they do group interviews? one on one interviews?

One is basic math and they give the conversions you need. The other is Medical Term. It isn't too bad. I've never really taken any med terms classes and I feel I did good on it. Just review the roots of the words. You should be fine. The third exam is a short essay. You should be fine there.

Hope that helps!

Is there any information to offer about the comp exams we are given at the interview? I have been out of college from my undergrad for three years and just wondering if I need to brush up!

Anyone have any luck with WLU yet? Still waiting and time is ticking on my deadline for other offers... eek

I interviewed the week before you and still no word back. They told us we'd hear around the beginning of march because I remember us all talking about how that seemed so long.. Kinda defeats the purpose of rolling admissions. I hate to say it, but you may have to go with the other school just to be safe rather than sorry... Did you ever try calling and figuring out their deal?

I feel like they're kind of disorganized which makes me wary of the program..

Hey there...they are still interviewing through the end of February and with only 19 seats available, they want to make sure they give everyone a fair shake...that is why they gave the March deadline about hearing something. That being said, all of the faculty are very easy going and would surely take a call or answer an email if you reach out. It isn't that they are disorganized, they are just trying to give everyone a fair chance...think about it, if you were in the last set of interviewees, wouldn't you want to know that you had a fair chance and that there were still seats available? They had about 600 applicants and are interviewing between 100-120 applicants for 19 positions so congrats for even getting an interview!!! Good luck!

Hey there...they are still interviewing through the end of February and with only 19 seats available, they want to make sure they give everyone a fair shake...that is why they gave the March deadline about hearing something. That being said, all of the faculty are very easy going and would surely take a call or answer an email if you reach out. It isn't that they are disorganized, they are just trying to give everyone a fair chance...think about it, if you were in the last set of interviewees, wouldn't you want to know that you had a fair chance and that there were still seats available? They had about 600 applicants and are interviewing between 100-120 applicants for 19 positions so congrats for even getting an interview!!! Good luck!

Yeah, I actually felt like the faculty was really approachable. I'll reach out before my other deadline if I don't hear anything before then... can't hurt I suppose!

I just called them since I hadn't heard anything from them since I turned in my supplemental (I had to call to confirm that, I didn't recieve any correspondence) because I was worried I may not get an interview since so many of you already interviewed. I was told they had over 600 applications and that they are still getting through them. Nothing's final until the end of March. She sounded optimistic but I'm worried I won't get an interview since most of you were notified of an interview a month prior to and if that's the case I would have to interview within the next week. =(

JKidder - do you happen to know when the last interview will be held?

Just trying to get an idea of the timeline to expect a call if all goes well.... I DID manage to get a 2 week extension on my deadline for my second choice school - postponing my non-refundable $1,500 deposit until March 5th (phew)... any idea? :)

Last I heard was that they were interviewing through the end of February and hoped to have all decisions made the first week of March. I'm not sure if they are extending it or not. Best to email or call the office and ask as they have the most up to date info :-) Wishing you lots of luck Jaw1!

mdao - they got a lot of applications and are pretty swamped... you might still get a call, dont stress too much.

JKidder - I already talked with Tara and Allan once about things... I don't want to nag again, but any snooping done by an inside person about when the last interview date is would be particularly appreciated... :=-0:

I called the office earlier this week. They said that there are still some applications that they haven't had a chance to review. It sounds like they will be interviewing at least until the end of March.

What?! LOL - dude... that's crazy and really frustrating for those who have interviewed and are trying to decide on what school to choose.

It's certainly not 'rolling admissions'.... :(

Archived