West Liberty U WV, class starting July 2013

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an invitation for an interview at West Liberty for the class of 2013! I'm excited about the school, but am concerned about the provisional accreditation status. Does anyone know how likely or unlikely it is that a school could lose their accreditation? I'm okay with taking a risk, but I want it to be a calculated one! Is it true that credits from one PA school do not carry to another? Does anyone know how the first class of students that started in July 2012 are faring?

I got an invitation for an interview at West Liberty for the class of 2013! I'm excited about the school, but am concerned about the provisional accreditation status. Does anyone know how likely or unlikely it is that a school could lose their accreditation? I'm okay with taking a risk, but I want it to be a calculated one! Is it true lettercredits from one PA school do not carry to another? Does anyone know how the first class of students that started in July 2012 are faring?

Did you get an invite through email or letter?

Hi there! All schools get provisional accreditation when they are first accredited. It usually lasts for 3 years/until at least the 1st class graduates/takes the PANCE. They are then reviewed again around that time for continuing accreditation. As long as your school is accredited when you start your classes, I believe you are allowed to continue until graduation and take the PANCE. Just look on the ARCPA website for the definition of provisional accreditation. I am currently in WLU's first class and the program and faculty have been great up to this point. I believe that it will continue that way. With the staff's knowledge and hard work, and ours, I have no doubt they will get continuing accreditation and that we will all not just pass the PANCE, but be equipped to be excellent, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable PA-Cs. Good luck to all who are interviewing.

Dabermunez - I submitted I think in November and heard in December that I had an interview in January. They still have 4-5 interview dates left but I don't know if everyone who is being interviewed has been contacted yet. So theres still hope... they give phone calls as far as I know. Hope that helps, good luck!

Archived