Christmas gift ideas for a new Medex student

My husband just got accepted into the program for the upcoming year so I am trying to figure out what supplies he is going to need for possible Christmas presents. I realize that he will need a stethoscope and an otoscope but what other things are necessary for the Medex students?

Also, if anyone has recommendations on brands and models for the stethoscope that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

Congratulations on the news, I'm sure you are both very happy. 3M Littman and Heine are really good quality and will last for a long time.

May I ask how soon after his interview did he learn of his acceptance? I'm curious because I know interviews are still taking place and I'm wondering how long to expect to wait for any news. How was his interview?

Aim

When I was at the interview a student said an iPad is a must. The program provides all the books electronically for free so he can download them and save money/his back, and apparently it also comes in handy during the clinical year. He's probably going to want a very high quality stethoscope and there may be recommendations/requirements from the program. A few things listed on the MEDEX website: Oto-ophthalmoscope, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, reflex hammer, pen light, tuning fork.

Also, a Huskies shirt could be nice if he doesn't have one. :-)

Thank you both for your quick responses! I appreciate the advice. Aim - my husband had an interview on October 9th and found out that he was accepted a week later. He was a re-applicant who had an interview last year but didn't quite make it. I think because he had gone through the process once before, he was pretty confident for this time around and he was prepared from running mock questions.

Good luck to you both :)

My husband just got accepted into the program for the upcoming year so I am trying to figure out what supplies he is going to need for possible Christmas presents. I realize that he will need a stethoscope and an otoscope but what other things are necessary for the Medex students?

Also, if anyone has recommendations on brands and models for the stethoscope that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My suggestion would be to contact, via this forum, current MEDEX students, I believe there a thread from a current student, and ask them what to pick up. The school will provide a list of medical supplies, but I don't know when.

Tell you husband congrats. I'm reapplying this year for the Bachelor's program.

Ric

Archived