Concordia University of Wisconsin: new program, any news?!?

I applied to be a part of the first class entering the new PA program at Concordia University in Wisconsin. I just received news that I was selected for an interview and would like to hear from others about potential classmates! If there is already another forum with this topic please let me know. Good luck to all applicants!

Hi guys! My name's Kathleen, but I go by Kasey! Congrats on getting an interview! I had my interview in October and it was really fun! I flew out all the way from California so I definitely didn't know the area (I feel ya Sarah!!)! I stayed at the Best Western near campus. Concordia's campus is gorgeous!! The faculty is awesome and you can tell that they are sooo excited to kick off this program! The interview day follows that itinerary pdf we got emailed to us: breakfast, main talk all together, group activities (one rotation is the actual interview), lunch, wrap-up session! The interview itself is an individual interview and was about 40 minutes. We had two faculty members per student! I know 40 minutes seems like a long time but it goes by fast! I know this sounds cliche but just be yourself and know why you want to be a PA! :) They are really excited to meet us students, so be confident knowing you've worked so hard to get this opportunity! Good luck everyone :;-D:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I just found out about Concordia on Wednesday and submitted everything Thursday into Friday! Made it before the deadline! Would you all that were invited for interviews and accepted mind sharing your stats? Also, anything you feel that stuck out to them such as your personal statement or hours of experience? Thanks guys! =)

hey everyone! i got excepted to concordia too! im so excited!!!! since i don't know anything about the area, any suggestions on areas to look for housing? i'll be coming with 2 dogs and a boyfriend so ill need a ground floor condo/apartment or an actual house to rent. suggestions?

sdave6 = they admit 30 students per year.

Sarah - yay congrats!!! :) I'm in a similar boat! I'm bringing my dog with me and he's a 65 lb lab mix so i need a ground floor condo/apartment too! I've been lightly searching for awhile and there are definitely apartments that take pets (some up to 75lb) but they're closer to Milwaukee (about 10 or so miles from school). I'm hoping to get a place to myself for me and my dog, but it would be ideal to live really close to my classmates for study groups and stuff!

sdave6 - last I heard they have filled 12 spots, 18 remaining! good luck!!

KBelen, that's what I heard when I called on November 29th, 12 spots were filled. Was your interview the last one they had scheduled? I've been invited for the second week of January set and so I am wondering if the number "12" is still current... Hopefully it is and I have a chance at the remaining 18!

Anyone else interviewing January 8, 9 or 10?

I'm excited and anxious!

They have offered acceptance to more people after the second interview (I was in that group) but our deposit isn't due until jan 4 so they won't be able to confirm how many people have accepted until then. Kacey and Sarah, I am from the milwaukee area, I live by UW-Milwaukee right now (about 15 minutes from mequon). I plan on moving to the grafton area so that I drive from the north instead of through Milwaukee traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

The small group activity was them asking us questions about the PA profession, getting a feel on how much we know and how serious we are about becoming a PA. JUST KIDDING! The activities included a building/program tour, campus tour, and a financial aid meeting. The whole day was pretty relaxed and comfortable. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived