Applicants 2012-2013

ECU is a pretty traditional interview - they usually schedule it in half-day blocks (a morning and afternoon session), and do two individual interviews and one small group exercise. In the small group, the faculty will task you with developing a solution to some sort of health policy problem ("is full-genome sequencing a good thing or bad thing for patients", etc.) They're not terribly interested in what you come up with, but how you act in the group: do you dominate the conversation, do you contribute nothing, etc. They're huge proponents of "PAs are part of a team-based approach to medicine."

ECU is also the only PA school I know of that has put a specific commitment to improving rural health care in their mission statement, so you might want to think about specific answers as to why that appeals to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I also will be interviewing on November 30th. I have a good friend who is in their first year of PA school at ECU and he said everyone was very friendly and the interview process was relaxing while still asking questions that make you think on your feet. Good luck and hope to see you there!

Applied to ECU, hoping to hear soon about an interview! The letter they sent me earlier this year said I'd be notified in mid-December whether I'd get an interview or not, with the interview coming sometime in Jan, so I'm keeping the fingers crossed. Already had an interview down at UAB, which was very much like Marcikiser described...waiting to hear back from there too. Good luck to everyone already interviewed, hope it went well!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived