Arcadia acceptance 2025

I was accepted today to the Arcadia Glenside campus. However, since they are on academic probation, what does this mean? Their website makes it seem like it is fine but a PA I briefly talked to today said it is best not to go to a program that is on academic probation. Does anyone know?

I'm in the same spot. First acceptance, but really torn about the probation status. Spoke to someone who was in the class that reported some of the concerns- they mentioned a high faculty turnover rate and a really bad anatomy professor, so it seems to be a leadership/faculty issue. What I was most concerned about was the comment they mentioned about how they were on the student council and when that council brought issues up with leadership they were written up.

However, they also said the actual curriculum and rotations were great and they felt 100% prepared for and passed PANCE easily. Great education, but poor leadership. It definitely seems to be a mixed bag and depends on your priorities. 

Has anyone put their deposit down. I’m currently waiting for another program to get back to me and I’ll wait after my interview tomorrow from one school to put the deposit down. I’ll probably wait until like the second to last day. Anyone else ?

How is everyone feeling after attending the admitted students zoom? I'm still really on the line. I just find it interesting that they didn't interview anyone. And are doing all these zooms/and inviting us to personal tours on campus to really sell the school. First time applicant here and my only acceptance so far so absolutely torrrrnnnn

I am also still on the fence about it. First time applicant and first and only acceptance so far. I do find it to be strange that we were not required to interview, but this has been their norm for the last couple years and during Covid the students mentioned that they were only interviewed for 10-15 minutes. So, my guess is, they had done away with it to focus on improving the probation status. I didn't love how the director addressed the probationary status, but that may have just been me.... let me know what you guys are thinking 

yeahhhh i am not feeling too good about. i am def going to wait until the last day to put any sort of deposit down. I agree with you @bshPAS i didnt think she handled it well and was kind of off putting when the other students were asking about the program

@preeppa glad it wasn't only me. I might be too optimistic, but I do find it hard to believe that they won't get back to continued status at the next review, particularly citing their above average pass rates and the addition of a ton of staff(talked with some current students and they've noticed quite a bit more faculty). Good luck everyone!

yeah I def didn’t love how she went about the questions about the probation at the end if felt like a little beating around the bush, but I do agree that I don’t think they’ll actually lose accreditation. Just wish picking this program wasn’t a risk since I do really like it otherwise. And also wish that line on the ARC-PA website that girl brought up that you can still graduate from a program that loses accreditation if you already matriculated into it was true. 

I just submitted my deposit. For anyone interested, I have a friend of a friend who is a PA-S1 at Arcadia and I also reached out to a PA-S2 for more info. Apparently they are allowed to matriculate students this cycle because they passed a probation check by the ARC in May. They are both confident the program is actively making positive changes. I can pass along their answers to my concerns and questions if anyone is interested. Just PM me.