2024-2025 Application cycle (PA Campus)

Hey does anyone know how often we should be updating PCOM with hours/things? I know in their info session they said that was important but I keep hesitating since so many programs are like don’t reach out to us lol 

On PCOM's portal, my status says "Awaiting required materials. Go to your Application Materials tab and review missing checklist items." but when I check there isn't anything to add or missing... does anyone else have this on their status too? 

On 6/20/2024 at 8:15 AM, sydl123 said:

Hey does anyone know how often we should be updating PCOM with hours/things? I know in their info session they said that was important but I keep hesitating since so many programs are like don’t reach out to us lol 

Ignore my previous response. I was wrong. I just went to PCOM's recent info session and they said you can update as often as you want to via the portal. Things like new clinical experiences, new shadowing, new resume, etc. How often you want to do so is up to you, but I personally would update my new experiences all at once and not have it spread out.

On 6/20/2024 at 9:59 PM, PATD100 said:

On PCOM's portal, my status says "Awaiting required materials. Go to your Application Materials tab and review missing checklist items." but when I check there isn't anything to add or missing... does anyone else have this on their status too? 

no mine says "Your submitted materials are under initial review with Admissions staff. This initial review can take 10 to 15 business days. This time frame may be longer if your application was received at the beginning of the cycle. If you have submitted all required materials, you will be moved to the next phase of the review process with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. If you are noted to be missing any required items, those items will be updated on your application checklist in the Application Materials tab."

On 6/28/2024 at 2:15 PM, nkherani19 said:

no mine says "Your submitted materials are under initial review with Admissions staff. This initial review can take 10 to 15 business days. This time frame may be longer if your application was received at the beginning of the cycle. If you have submitted all required materials, you will be moved to the next phase of the review process with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. If you are noted to be missing any required items, those items will be updated on your application checklist in the Application Materials tab."

Yeah when I posted that comment it had been like that for a few days. I emailed them on 6/24 and right after that email, my status turned into the one you posted. It’s been a week so I’m just confused how long it’s going to be like that. 

1 hour ago, PATD100 said:

Yeah when I posted that comment it had been like that for a few days. I emailed them on 6/24 and right after that email, my status turned into the one you posted. It’s been a week so I’m just confused how long it’s going to be like that. 

yeah mines been like that for like 3 weeks now, but my admissions counselor said he will let me know about next steps when they settle on interview dates so i dont think theyre ready to move forward with anybody yet

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nkherani19 said:

yeah mines been like that for like 3 weeks now, but my admissions counselor said he will let me know about next steps when they settle on interview dates so i dont think theyre ready to move forward with anybody yet

I see. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. I was anxious cus it said awaiting materials and to check the application tab when I am pretty sure I submitted everything and there shouldn’t be anything missing. Scared me a bit lol. 

Has anyone received this message on their portal yet?:

All required materials have been received. Your application is complete and under review with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. Candidates can be selected to interview at any time throughout the review process depending on competitiveness within the greater applicant pool. 
If you have a significant update to your application, 
you may upload updates on the Application Materials tab of this portal.

29 minutes ago, rnpa1998 said:

Has anyone received this message on their portal yet?:

All required materials have been received. Your application is complete and under review with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. Candidates can be selected to interview at any time throughout the review process depending on competitiveness within the greater applicant pool. 
If you have a significant update to your application, 
you may upload updates on the Application Materials tab of this portal.

I have that message! Does it mean something specifically?

Edited by KthehopefulPA

• 3 weeks later...