Rural trauma team development course

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the basics on the course once, but wasn't sure how I would use it, so passed. What do you think the best use cases are for PAs to take the course? As in, do you want it for your current role, future skills, or future job?

12 hours ago, narcan said:

I looked at the basics on the course once, but wasn't sure how I would use it, so passed. What do you think the best use cases are for PAs to take the course? As in, do you want it for your current role, future skills, or future job?

It was a great course. It is definitely a "team course" not a course for individuals. It is to improve things at a job you are at right now. There was a bit of lecture and then scenarios in our trauma bay. They helped us streamline a lot of things. For one scenario( a gunshot wound) they brought a bleeding mannequin into our trauma bay with me , 1 RN, and 1 tech and asked us to run it. When I asked for lifeflight to be alerted they said" ok, your tech is not available for the next 5 minutes". Things like that. You want a chest tube. Ok, where is your tray? Let me see you set it up. where is your lido?, Who runs the pleuravac? Where is your uncrossed blood? can you get it without using the computer, etc