2024-2025 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also curious if anyone knows whether Duke waits to review applications until that student's GRE scores are in. I'm guessing that they do, but hoping that they do not. (I've been held up by the ETS accommodations approval process for several months, and am really feeling the stress about it! It's a long story.)

On 6/12/2024 at 1:57 AM, th1713 said:

I'm also curious if anyone knows whether Duke waits to review applications until that student's GRE scores are in. I'm guessing that they do, but hoping that they do not. (I've been held up by the ETS accommodations approval process for several months, and am really feeling the stress about it! It's a long story.)

Sorry dude. Your application isn't being looked at until it's considered complete.

"A complete application includes the verfied CASPA application, Duke PA Program’s supplemental application, and official GRE score report. "

• Upvote 1

My CAPSA was just verified 2 days ago, then I submitted the Supplemental app. yesterday. GRE scores (Terrible) verified.  Good luck everyone. I wanted to share my stats with you all because I'm worried my GRE score is going to throw me out of the running. Thoughts? 

My total score was a measly 287. writing was a 4. 

Science GPA: 3.49

Non-Science GPA 3.7

PCE: 13,512 (Military fire fighter, civilian fire fighter, ER Tech, CNA)

Volunteer: 2,016 (public service events, air shows, volunteer fire fighter, blood drives)

Leadership: 1,872 (non-commissioned officer/military)

Shadowing: 128 (Shadowed Emergency Medicine PA while deployed)

Teaching: 3,164 (Fire and life safety instructor with military and civilian firefighting)

Edited by GV101

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else who completed the optional CASPA life experiences essay struggling with how to write another life experiences essay for Duke's supplemental? I put everything into that CASPA essay, and now I don't know what to do.

18 hours ago, th1713 said:

Anyone else who completed the optional CASPA life experiences essay struggling with how to write another life experiences essay for Duke's supplemental? I put everything into that CASPA essay, and now I don't know what to do.

I think it just gives a chance to dive deeper into a topic you only touched on in your CASPA essay. Thats how I looked at it. In my caspa essay I talked about my most recent deployment in the Middle East and what I experienced over there and how it prepared me to be a PA. Then, I used duke's life experience supp. essay to explain challenges I faced reintegrating back into civilian life, challenges I faced with mental health, family and how I overcame them.  It gave me a chance to kind of carry the story further to give them a bigger picture to look at of my life and journey. So, whatever you decide to write about, as long as it comes back to how it has prepared you for pa school and beyond, I think you'll be okay. I hope that kinda helped a bit! 

Edited by GV101
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...