Is a Trauma Fellowship worth it?

I just graduated and I have an interview for a local Trama Fellowship.  The pay is really low and the hours are high.   I already have a well paying job offer I can start after I take the PANCE. I'm wondering, for those of you who have done a Fellowship, is it worth it? 

Is your goal to work in trauma or a similar field? Is your job offer in trauma? Do you need the additional training to build your confidence or are you looking at completing the fellowship for additional specialized training and opportunities?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do the fellowship. I did one in EM, to be honest wasn't fun but did I learn a ton. I love what I do now and it would have taken me 10 years and multiple differences jobs to get the experience I got from residency. 

I now work rural EM, am the only PA in the group, others are docs, I'm their first PA and wouldn't have got that role without residency 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kettle said:

Do the fellowship. I did one in EM, to be honest wasn't fun but did I learn a ton. I love what I do now and it would have taken me 10 years and multiple differences jobs to get the experience I got from residency. 

I now work rural EM, am the only PA in the group, others are docs, I'm their first PA and wouldn't have got that role without residency 

This!

It took me 15 years to get the skills and experience I needed to get a rural/solo job. I could have gotten one right out of residency if it had been an option when I graduated. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1