Pacific and Military Applicants

I was curious if there are any other vets thinking of applying to Pacific. I am hoping to be able to apply for fall 2014 and my HCE is only 5 years EMT, the last three being an AF medic. I am also trying to complete the additional requirements for the bachelors option, since I don't have a degree. I have a 4.0 in my sciences so far and a 3.4 overall. But the majority of my transfer credits end up being from CCAF, so they are all pass/fail. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me. Thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the bachelor completion option is still open - Check in with Leah Pelto in admissions to talk about your pass/fail courses. Pacific has a veterans program now that you may be a good fit for.

Leah Pelto

Assistant Director of Graduate & Professional Program Admissions

lpelto@pacificu.edu

Phone 503-352-7224

Fax 503-352-7290

Info on the veteran's outreach program:

Veterans Outreach Program

Applicable to Veteran applicants only

The Pacific University School of Physician Assistant Studies has a long standing history of supporting veterans to become physician assistants. The School has two programs to assist veterans to become PAs at Pacific, the Veterans Outreach Program and the Bachelor's Degree Completion option.

The Veterans Outreach Program is an admissions advantage. The top 5 veteran applicants, who meet all minimum criteria required by the School of Physician Assistant Studies, will be granted an on campus interview. While this does not guarantee admission, it is an acknowledgment of our dedication to veterans and their needs.

We provide a Master's level curriculum, however it is possible to gain admission without a prior bachelor's degree. The Bachelor's Degree Completion Option was initially designed for veterans, and is now an option for all students. The School acknowledges veterans' non-traditional route to the PA progession and is excited to offer the option for those who will benefit from this additional opportunity.

There is no separate application for the Veterans Outreach or Bachelor's Degree Completion Programs. Students are initially identified through their CASPA and Supplemental Application. Please contact Graduate Admissions if you have any questions.

• 5 months later...

I'm military and planning on applying to Pacific University this summer with one deployment as a medic, a year EMT and a year as a patient care tech at a hopsital in Philadelphia. Have not completed a bachaelors yet though. Getting to do some of your rotations at military sites sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm military and planning on applying to Pacific University this summer with one deployment as a medic, a year EMT and a year as a patient care tech at a hopsital in Philadelphia. Have not completed a bachaelors yet though. Getting to do some of your rotations at military sites sounds like a pretty good deal.

• 1 month later...

I have 5 years experience as a Hospital Corpsman and now work in Health Admin at Madigan. I plan on shadowing a LTC I work with while I complete science prerequisites at a local CC. I do have a BA in Health Admin and I like how military friendly Pacific seems to be. I think I should be ready to begin applying for 2015.

Archived