Retaking classes at CC

I'm in my 4th year at University of Florida and I'm supposed to graduate in the spring with a degree in psychology. The problem is, I have a REALLY bad GPA (both cumulative and science), which got me in trouble with the university. UF is prohibiting me from taking pre-health science courses in order for me to continue as a psychology major because that is what's bringing my GPA down.

I have several prerequisites left. I suppose I can always take them at a community college but I always heard that this is frowned upon. I made Cs in almost all my prereqs (this is due to being immature during the early years and then having health issues later on) and I really wanted to retake them to show that I can do it.

Every other part of my application is set (HCE, volunteering, letters, etc) but my GPA is just nasty!

Any suggestions?

CC colleges only offer 1-200 level classes and most CC offer guaranteed transfers to 4-year colleges which shows that the material is appropriate and the same at either CC or 4-year college level. I would say if PA is what you want to do and dedicated then take all the classes over at a CC. Bio 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2, Pharmacology, Micro, Physics. Its cheaper too, which is a plus.

Archived