NYT article on family practice (NPs) yet no mention of PAs

The comment section has a good variety of opinions. The people defending MDs come across as petty and juvenile. Here's a funny example:

"No offense but a PA and an MD are not the same. I love the way you try and conflate PA school with medical school. "PA school is like the last 2 years of medical school"? Please, that is not rational. Med school classes are usually among the elite students from some of the best universities in the world, they worked hard to get there and they sweated out the med school pre-requisites and the entrance exam. PAs did not do that. Its not the same. How many EMTs have you met who think they are trauma surgeons? Its a common delusion if you ask me. PAs have a role but you are not a doctor. You do sound intelligent enough to go to med school which you should do if you want to be an M.D. but please don't pretend they are the same."

It's no wonder why many patients prefer seeing a PA/NP over a MD.

The comment section has a good variety of opinions. The people defending MDs come across as petty and juvenile. Here's a funny example:

"No offense but a PA and an MD are not the same. I love the way you try and conflate PA school with medical school. "PA school is like the last 2 years of medical school"? Please, that is not rational. Med school classes are usually among the elite students from some of the best universities in the world, they worked hard to get there and they sweated out the med school pre-requisites and the entrance exam. PAs did not do that. Its not the same. How many EMTs have you met who think they are trauma surgeons? Its a common delusion if you ask me. PAs have a role but you are not a doctor. You do sound intelligent enough to go to med school which you should do if you want to be an M.D. but please don't pretend they are the same."

It's no wonder why many patients prefer seeing a PA/NP over a MD.

In fairness, we have seen right here in this forum some PAs conflating PA school with medical school. Apparently this does happen.

Archived