Emergency Medicine Links/Residencies

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am applying to fellowships now. I have received an interview for Albany college of medicines EM fellowship. I was wondering if there was any specifics that one should consider in choosing one fellowship over another? or any questions to ask a fellowship when interviewing? Is there anything that I should watch out for? or be concerned about? Thanks in advance any information is helpful!

You must have:

weekly protected educational time and lectures

Journal club

off service rotations equal to at least 1/4th to 1/3rd the length of residency

Have the same schedule and requirements while on shift as physician residents

Given experience resuscitating level one patients

preferably have:

“Your patient, your procedure” policy so you can’t have procedures taken from you. (This was a must have for me)

be 18 months in length.

sim lab

ultrasound rotation (must for me), anesthesia, ortho, and ICU rotation at minimum. The rest is your preference.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone encounter programs that are on hold/suspending operations as a result of COVID? I am looking into residencies/fellowships in Florida and contacted both the Lakeland Regional Health program and the Florida Emergency Physicians of TeamHealth program back in February, and both said they were on hold/suspending operations.

I am expected to graduate PA school this December and was hoping to apply to programs by June/July so that I can ideally start residency within one year of PA school graduation. Open to recommendations (e.g. contact the programs again now that it's been a few months, ...)

Edited by marcanomj

23 hours ago, marcanomj said:

Anyone encounter programs that are on hold/suspending operations as a result of COVID? I am looking into residencies/fellowships in Florida and contacted both the Lakeland Regional Health program and the Florida Emergency Physicians of TeamHealth program back in February, and both said they were on hold/suspending operations.

I am expected to graduate PA school this December and was hoping to apply to programs by June/July so that I can ideally start residency within one year of PA school graduation. Open to recommendations (e.g. contact the programs again now that it's been a few months, ...)

Lakeland Regional is starting > 1 ACGME residency, so the PA fellowship is probably done for good.

TeamHealth didn't give a reason why they suspended theirs, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up.