Mock Interview Session 10 Nov 2012 - Auburn

Just some advice... the interview is not the typical PA school questions. There are no science questions, there are no real medical questions. The MEDEX interview is modeled after the Peace Corps style of interviewing. They are more scenario, ethical based, and problem solving questions. The biggest thing you can do to prepare for this interview is know yourself and why you want to be a PA and why now. You have to be confident and they have to believe you... Once you are in the interview you are all on equal ground, whether you are a 4.0 harvard war hero who shadowed Mother Terresa or you were a struggling single Mom with a 3.1 who put yourself through MA school.... equal... so have confidence.

Oh... and you will hear this several times, they just want to get to know you, so try to relax.

Just some advice... the interview is not the typical PA school questions. There are no science questions, there are no real medical questions. The MEDEX interview is modeled after the Peace Corps style of interviewing. They are more scenario, ethical based, and problem solving questions. The biggest thing you can do to prepare for this interview is know yourself and why you want to be a PA and why now. You have to be confident and they have to believe you... Once you are in the interview you are all on equal ground, whether you are a 4.0 harvard war hero who shadowed Mother Terresa or you were a struggling single Mom with a 3.1 who put yourself through MA school.... equal... so have confidence.

Oh... and you will hear this several times, they just want to get to know you, so try to relax.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement. Yes, I have heard that before. I totally understand that MEDEX will be looking to get to know the interviewee as a person. I honestly wish I could just relax and wait for the news...good or bad. I have seldom felt so excited and nervous at the same time, I will try to relax.

I was thinking that we could all print out & bring 2 copies each of our MEDEX & CASPA statements with us on Saturday, so that we could give these to the two people who would be acting as the interviewers, so they could look them over for a few minutes before we start each session. It looks like there will be five of us so far, which is perfect, since the real interviews will typically have three applicants being interviewed by two faculty for each interview. Also, as we take turns, we will end up being interviewed three times each, which is typically how many interviews you will have at MEDEX on the interview day.

I do something similar with my current students, & it is sort of like speed dating, but we'll just modify it for the group style that you'll experience at MEDEX. So far, the ones who have said they are attending are:

ToppDog

lily_broad

Tracie H.

Lyn6

Aggie

Feel free to pm your statements to everyone on the list if you want them to have them earlier, like Lily is doing. But, if you can, remember to print some copies & bring them with you on Saturday.

Anyone else want to join in?

asterlington & Lyn6, don't worry about coming a little late. Just come by when you can. We're all looking forward to meeting you. And, don't worry about attire. You can dress up if you want to have an outfit critiqued, but otherwise this is just about helping each other prepare, getting to know each other, & team building.

If there is anyone else who would like to join in with us at the last minute, please feel free to do so.

Here are the specifics:

Date: Saturday, November 10, 2012

Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Room: Study Room 4

Library: Auburn Public Library

1102 Auburn Way South

Auburn, 98002

1-253-931-3018

Remember to bring a list of questions & 2 copies of your MEDEX & CASPA statements if you can. Otherwise, just come by with something to take notes with if you like.

Looking forward to meeting all of you :)

Don

Archived