butler interview

I haven't heard anything yet. I know the early-decision NAEs are coming up soon on Nov 17th. I think regular decision isn't until February 9th. I'd imagine they'd have to let at least early-decision applicants know here relatively soon about potential invitation to NAEs. Butler's my #1, so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

Stay positive! I know last year that they sent out an email in late July asking if anyone still wanted to interview as they anticipated several seats opening up for the class starting the next month.

This makes me thinks that they didn't have a high acceptance to matriculation rate last year. So I would certainly let them know that Butler is your top choice. I'm assuming here, but that may pull some weight this year. Maybe just send a quick email.

My guess is that most applicants with multiple acceptances chose a less expensive or shorter duration program. I liked Butler but it has some finicial aid obstacles given that the first 2 years are considered undergrad. This means private loans and less guaranteed finacial aid which can be problematic for some.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking to apply at Butler this coming cycle, any tips from you guys who got accepted? (congrats) I live in Kentucky but my residency is in Indiana....I have a 3.1 cumulative GPA....EMT certified....and in the process of becoming a Paramedic, which will get me over 500hrs of patient contact...I also got an 1000 on the GRE but I don't think you need that for Butler... any advice on what I can prepare to do to make me stand out more?? Thanks!

Hey, spenser,

Butler DOES require the GRE now (that almost got me in trouble as I was scrambling to take it at the last minute!). They are very numbers-driven, very evidence-based (GPA is huge, I think). I had a lot of HCEs but my understanding is that they don't care much about that; it's mostly about your numbers and your interview score. You probably already know that it's extremely competitive, since most of the spots are taken by the Butler auto-advance people.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more!

• 7 months later...

Archived