seeking advice on first job as home health assessment for geriatric patients

I am a new graduate who is being offered a per-diem position to conduct complete physical exams on geriatric patients at their homes to confirm existing diagnoses and report any new. Compensation is $80 per assessment, not sure if malpractice insurance is provided, they expect you to provide your own transportation with some compensation.

This being my first potential job, I am very nervous about any possible risks/pitfalls? As a new graduate am I being a fool to seek a job with almost no oversight? thx for any advice and comments :)

I did some work like this for an insurance company. Was a nice side gig while work was available. Completed the Home Health Assessment which pretty much translated to a medical records review, checked medications, took a BP and quick urine dip then completed and faxed the records back. With mine you did no diagnosing or medical management so oversight wasn't a problem.

Make sure you talk to your employer about the distance you'll travel, number of contacts in the area and partial compensation for any clients who cancel when you arrive at their house. Enjoy!

Will the skills you developed in school start to fade since you won't be using them? If so, will this hamper your performance when you return to a clinical setting?

thank you for your input. these are the same questions that I ask myself, and since this is my first job that I have not started yet, i do not know if i am capable of performing all of the duties and i am not sure what they may be to the detail.

thank you for your input. these are the same questions that I ask myself, and since this is my first job that I have not started yet, i do not know if i am capable of performing all of the duties and i am not sure what they may be to the detail.

Perhaps a day shadowing one of their current employees may help fill in some details?

Archived