I'm so frustrated with CASPA!!

I started work on application the day it became available (10/1). I had it finished 2 days later with all of my transcript requests sent. Three of my transcripts were marked at received by 10/10. My fourth transcript is still marked as not received! Part of this might be the fault of the school, but I've since sent the request in three more times and the school assured me they sent the transcript! Why is CASPA not finding my transcript? This is so frustrating because I feel like I worked really hard to get my app done early and have a competitive advantage, and to make me feel even worse, I called the program and they said they're receiving alot of applications and they ARE evaluating them as they come in. This program is doing a very abbreviated application season, I'm afraid I'm going to miss out simply because they won't see my app in time.

So I guess my question for those of you who have gone through this before: Is it possible they do have my transcript, they just haven't started evaluating it yet? I know someone said that their online update is not always up-to-the-minute, or the day or the week even. Is there a way to get any more information from them? I've called but they said they can't really tell me anything. This is driving me nuts, I'm checking CASPA compulsively several times a day and I just want to hurl my laptop across the room every time :(

I didn't even know it opened that early! I will definitely be getting my materials in April 1st next year...but the program I applied to this year JUST opened their application October 1st, because they were waiting on provisional accreditation. That's why I said the app period was VERY abbreviated. It would have been nice if, during one of the multiple times that I called the program while they were awaiting accreditation to inquire about what the application process would be like, they had let me know they would be using CASPA. Then I could have jumped on it way earlier. But they said they were modeling their admissions off of another school in the area that uses a paper application, so that's what I was prepared for. It just really sucks.

That is unfortunate your school wasn't very forthcoming about the process. On the plus side, all the other applicants applying to that program are likely in a similar situation. If you don't get in for whatever, reason, definately apply early next cycle and save yourself the headache of late fall application season.

Just to let you know that Caspa opens on April 18 th for the new cycle and they don't mail out the applications until June first for the first rounds. I recommend mailing your transcripts after April 18 th after you get an account on caspa for the new cycle and putting in your references so that they can complete their part of the application. I hope this helps you out.

Archived