Application Cycle 2012-2013!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had read something previously on the South website about the ability to do clinical rotations abroad, in Africa, for example. Now as I'm re-reading the site I can't seem to find it anywhere- is that option no longer available or perhaps I'm mixing it up with a different PA program? Current South students' knowledge would be much appreciated :)

I thought I had read something previously on the South website about the ability to do clinical rotations abroad, in Africa, for example. Now as I'm re-reading the site I can't seem to find it anywhere- is that option no longer available or perhaps I'm mixing it up with a different PA program? Current South students' knowledge would be much appreciated :)

Not a student, but interviewed. At the interview someone asked that and they specifically said that they do not offer abroad rotations due to several reasons - safety being one of them.

LMU in Harrogate, Tennessee offers rotations in Africa, Australia, and Haiti.

I have my very first interview at South College on the 8th. What should I expect? Any tips? I'm super nervous!

Just got my interview in its for March 8th!! I'm excited to meet everyone. Does anyone have any tips on the interview process?!

I have an interview in March 8, anyone who has already interviewed want to say what the day is like?

Just try to relax (easier said than done right?) and be yourself. These faculty know the cookie cutter answers and all of the variations thereof, giving one of them is a great way to hurt your chances. Give real answers and be confident in them. We do a group interview as well as an individual interview here. The group interview is typically 4 candidates and 4 interviewers in the room. Later in the day they call you back one at a time to be interviewed by the 4 interviewers again. This is usually when they tell you whether you're accepted outright, wait listed, or told you need to improve your resume (this last one rarely happens). About 10-12 of us First Years will be there to shepherd you guys around throughout the day and answer any questions you may have about the program, life in Knoxville, etc. There may also be one or two from the class that just graduated in December, depending on their schedules

does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the new upcoming class?

We have made a facebook page for the class of 2015 and we're waiting to get a list of people who have accepted their acceptance to start sending out invites to the page/group.

Does anyone know if there are still open seats left? I too, got an email stating that they would be holding interviews in May but I know some schools just do this to make up a wait-list!

To my knowledge, there are still seats left. Especially if they're confirming interviews in May. The South College wait-list is different from others in that they actually pull from the wait list with a significant degree of regularity. The President of the most recent graduating class was pulled from the wait list and just took his boards last week. We've got several people that were selected from the wait list. One of whom was called up less than a month before class started. So if you get wait listed, it ain't over til it's over.

anyone know how prompt south is with applications? It has been a while since I have applied and havent heard anything. Not sure if they let us know if we are not being considered, or still on the table for an interview.

I sent out my secondary app for South in November and didn't hear anything from them until I got an invitation to interview 2 weeks before my interview date. So basically, no. They don't really tell you one way or another until you get an email.

Current Students or locals- I will be coming in from Colorado this week. My flight on Saturday does not leave until 4pm. Is there anything you all recommend doing or seeing? This will be my first time to Knoxville and I am not quite sure what to do on Saturday. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Current Students or locals- I will be coming in from Colorado this week. My flight on Saturday does not leave until 4pm. Is there anything you all recommend doing or seeing? This will be my first time to Knoxville and I am not quite sure what to do on Saturday. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Go to Long's drug store on Old Kingston Pike and get you a burger and some tots. Take cash because they don't take cards. Cheapest yet tastiest food you can get in knoxville IMO.

Archived