Application Cycle 2012-2013!

They generally say to be prepared to be there until 5:00. On my interview date, I was one of the last people there and I was done around 3:00. It's really up to you. I drove 6.5 hours after my interview, but everyone is different.

I sent my application in November.

Can anyone give me an idea about how long interview day lasts? I am trying to decide if I should reserve a hotel room and stay in Knoxville after the interview or if I want to drive home (5 1/2 hour drive). Thank you in advance!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has anyone committed to South yet to start in the fall 2013? I'm still trying to wait to hear from other schools but they only give you two weeks to decide :(

Way it has to be so we can offer that seat to people at the next interview, or give out less acceptances at the next one if people decide to accept it.

usafmedic77, one of our vets wants to know if you're a PJ. Or what you did in the air force

lolWUT?, I was an air force medic (4N0x1). You go through a nursing type component of training, EMT and field training. Some of us go through independent duty training. We're not as gung ho as PJs-Those guys do some unbelievable things.

congrats to your husband, curiouscat! if anyone who has already interviewed/current students have any hotel recommendations, it would be much appreciated! this girl is still on a poor college kid budget, haha. :)

I stayed at the Microtel on North Peters Rd - it is 3 miles down the highway from South College. It was something like $50/night including taxes? I know another girl stayed there too, we were in the interview group together! Haha - it is an easy 10-15 minute trip from the Microtel to SC, pending weather. Check priceline.com or something though, there are tons of hotels around there. Good luck!

There are a couple hotels near by. When I was interviewed last year, we stayed in the Holiday Inn Express behind Turkey Creek (AKA Parkside Drive). There are also a few fancier places in Turkey Creek and if you can afford them I'd say go for 'em. They're not but 5 minutes (tops) from the campus and you've got all of Turkey Creek right there to play. There are also a few on Lovell Road just North of the overpass for I-40 and they're very close as well.

Hi all, I recently applied to South College. I was wondering what you all thought about my chances of getting in. My 1st cousin is a grad of South PA school (one of my references). I have an overall GPA of 3.2 (2.5 1st 2 yrs and 3.5 last 2 yrs). [A & P 1=B 2=A, Gen Chem 1=A 2=B, Gen Bio=C+, Micro=B+, Org Chem=B, Physics 1=B+, Calc=B+, Ex Phys=A, Stats=B+]. I have 500 Hrs experience in hospital direct patient care (rehab tech), 300 hrs experience as rehab tech in nursing home, and currently work full time as a Lifestyles Management Health Coach. GRE of 1000..... Do I have a chance....:/?

Hi all, I recently applied to South College. I was wondering what you all thought about my chances of getting in. My 1st cousin is a grad of South PA school (one of my references). I have an overall GPA of 3.2 (2.5 1st 2 yrs and 3.5 last 2 yrs). [A & P 1=B 2=A, Gen Chem 1=A 2=B, Gen Bio=C+, Micro=B+, Org Chem=B, Physics 1=B+, Calc=B+, Ex Phys=A, Stats=B+]. I have 500 Hrs experience in hospital direct patient care (rehab tech), 300 hrs experience as rehab tech in nursing home, and currently work full time as a Lifestyles Management Health Coach. GRE of 1000..... Do I have a chance....:/?

This is my third year applying to PA schools and third year of getting offers (I've declined in years past due to job pursuits)... I've applied to all different schools in different states and what I've noticed is that each program weights things differently. Some really value experience over GPA/GRE. Others rank you based on GPA/GRE and won't even interview you if you don't meet their criteria even if you have tons of experience and practical knowledge. It really just depends. Email the admissions personnel and ask how the applicants are reviewed - or check the websites. In general, I think being an overall well-rounded candidate helps: good grades, experience working with people, volunteering, personality, writing/reasoning ability, good GRE, etc. I say just apply, can't hurt. Do you have a chance? Yeah, but it depends on the quality and quantity of other applicants when you apply.

Is anyone else concerned about South's PANCE rates?

I'd also like to see what the weekly class schedules are like - I remember students saying that they dont have class on Fridays. Can anyone post about that?

Class is 4 days/wk. pance pass rates have been above the national average after a snag with the first class, but even they almost all passed on second attempt.

Archived