New program?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keeping everyone posted... I thought I was interviewing on 11/29... apparently I'm in the 12/18 or 12/19 group. Or at least I hope that I am... because I haven't been told that I'm interviewing on the 29th, which is tomorrow. I did do some research, though, because I was concerned about the "provisional accreditation" status, and it turns out that even if they're still provisional in 3 years when they graduate their first class, everyone can still sit for their boards. I didn't know that provisional accreditation was still considered an accredited status. If anyone else was concerned about that... worry no more! Worry about other things, like getting in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it depends when programs inform applicants and they are probably waiting until the interviews have been conducted to do a final list. Remember they are only accepting 20 students this time so they probably just want to be thorough. I think if you haven't heard back yet that there is still time. I interviewed in December and received an acceptance e-mail on January 7th. I'm very happy and excited to meet my classmates, so I wish you all luck and hopefully you'll hear back soon!

UPDATES! I just spoke to Catherine Roth and she said that they are waiting on the letters from the Admissions Dept to be mailed out, and they can't give any information over the phone. She was very apologetic and said that if I didn't hear anything in the next 2 weeks to call again, and that hopefully they'd be able to send out emails or give info over the phone soon. So hurrah, they're still working on it...?

Archived