Interviews??

• 4 weeks later...

Just realized I probably should have posted my comment on this thread instead...sorry...I had said:

Can't help but find it weird that I still haven't heard back from them. Submitted my CASPA in July and was part of the CASPA Mailing Group #6, according to the email sent by NYIT. I called a couple of weeks ago and they said they are still reviewing my application. Has anyone else not received a response either?

If i may intervene, i wanted to know what they placed most emphasis on in the interview? also your GPA and if any students who got the interview struggled with 2 or 3 courses earlier on in their undergraduate schooling were able to overcome them with a continuous climb in better grades.

Feedback and input would be great.

Thank You!!

The interview at NYIT was pretty different than the others I went on. It was more conversational than the rest were. Instead of hardball questions I was asked more about myself than what I would do in one situation or another.

My GPA I believe was 3.37 in sciences and somewhere between 3.6 and 3.8 overall.

My recommendation for applying to NYIT as well as anywhere else is to write a good letter on CASPA making the case for why you should be given a shot. Once you get that shot you are already over the toughest hurdle. I know a number of classmates who I think are more deserving than me that didn't even land interviews.

I am in the same boat as you PANY2013 and deseablev. My CASPA was submitted on 8/30 and I received an e-mail from NYIT on 09/27 that it's complete and will be evaluated. Haven't heard anything since. Are the interviews going until Feb. or March? This wait is killing me.

Best of luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Congrats to those who got accepted and to those who had an interview hang in there. I am a second year got one more sem left, and then I'm off to my rotations...yikes. Any questions let me know.

Hi I have my interview coming up on November 19th and would like to know what is the best way to prepare. This is the school I really want to go to and I wanted to know if you had any pointers?

Archived