Interviews??

• 2 weeks later...
The essay is easy no need to over think and over research it's all about yourself. Just relax and be able to clearly state why you want to become a PA and why you want to go to their school.. Be yourself and have fun with it. It was a very relaxed and quick interview.

Thanks for the info. and congratulations on the acceptance!!! did you apply to any other schools or is this your top choice?

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up interviewing with Professor Herman one-on-one.. I was really nervous first. He made it really relaxing and comfortable.

Interview was really quick (20 mins top?) then essays which were pretty easy.

I thought I bombed the interview b/c of couple questions I was just.... stuck.. but looks like I might be going to NYIT! just waiting to hear back from Quinnipiac and Yale.

I am hellllllllllllllllla excited! :)

I have my interview on Dec 6th with Dr Salvatore Barese, the chair of the Dept of Physician Assistant. How did you write your essay, pen and paper or on the computer? With the one on one interviews they arent doing an information session right? So do they talk about the school, or show you around? Do you know if they are doing any interviews in the spring are is Dec when they do the last of it? Congratulations wookim0801!!!!!!! Hopefully I will be in the same boat. You found out so fast!

Hi, IMOGENBLISS

Yeah. The one-on-one interview usually is JUSt interview with essays throughout the interview session.

I am assuming that you made a special request to arrange the interview schedule b/c you couldn't find the right time with the school. That's what happened to me. They scheduled me twice with dates that I couldn't work out with. Requested for a special arrangement and that's why I had interview with Prof. Herman.

If you call NYIT school directly, they might schedule you for the campus tour, which I ended up NOT doing. I was more interested in looking at the lecture rooms/study rooms/library that I would be using as a PA student.... nothing more...

But that's something that you might be able to ask Dr. Barese after you're done with your interview. What time is your interview?

Essays were just pen-written format. They will provide you with scratch papers so that you could make a draft before write them down on an actual sheet. it's really really easy... Just go some research.. I actually bought a book called "how to ace PA interview' or something along of line of that... it really really helped me alot for my interview preparation.

From what I've heard the class is already half-full... so I thought that I wouldn't be able to get in.... TWO DAYS after the interview, I got accepted. so.... it still hasnt hit me yet... just don't know how I should be excited about this. :) just waaaaay too soon..

Let me know if there's anything else I could help you out with!

wookim0801@gmail.com will be the best way to reach me.

Good luck!

imogenbliss, I am in NYC now and interviewed yesterday AM. I stayed in Hicksville to be close, but you just need to take the LIRR to Hicksville station then taxi it (~$30) to the campus. After my interview, I traveled from the campus to Penn station and it took me about 2 hours total. I would leave as early as possible, like 3 hours before. I would assume the train would start running at at least 5 AM. As for weather, it has been beautiful and not very cold this week but I'm not sure about next. Good luck!

Archived