Interviews for C/O 2015

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far! And for those of you who haven't heard anything yet, don't worry! A lot of people in our class (MSPA 14!!) didn't hear until later. If anyone has any questions or anything feel free to message me. Saw you already have a Facebook group, overachievers ;)

did you submit a grade for physio to them or did you just tell them it was in progress?

I noted on my CASPA and Prerequisite worksheet that it was in progress, and as soon as I received my grade, I updated it in CASPA and e-mailed Michael as well

For those of you still waiting, I wouldn't worry too much (although I am sure it is hard). Remember, this is a class of 98- even if we double the amount of acceptances seen on this forum more than half the seats are still open. Stay strong!

To answer the stats q's: I finished all my prereq's prior to application. I have a very high undergrad GPA with decent community service, but no HCE (been trying EMT but the job market sucks, plus I'm a skinny chick). We each bring our own strengths to the table, so don't lose hope. :wink:

Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far! And for those of you who haven't heard anything yet, don't worry! A lot of people in our class (MSPA 14!!) didn't hear until later. If anyone has any questions or anything feel free to message me. Saw you already have a Facebook group, overachievers ;)

How much later did they get accepted? Mid-March? End of March? Sorrryyyy, I'm just bummed that I haven't heard anything yet :-/

I just called. They do them in batches and all should be out by end of next week! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!!

That makes sense. I interviewed on the first day so I heard back earlier than those who interviewed in February.

As for stats, I honestly don't remember my science GPA. My overall gpa was 3.4 and my science was lower than that. I had a lot of community service, volunteer, and shadowing hours though. Plus, I'm bilingual and I made it known in both my personal statement and interview that my objective was to work in the Central Valley since that's where the majority of those who speak my language reside. Also, the central valley is currently lacking in health professionals (underserved area).

They look at each applicant individually. I know that based on grades alone I wouldn't have gotten an interview invite for the first day, let alone an actual acceptance. As long as you are passionate and honest about your desire to be a PA, I'm sure they'll recognize that. Plus, I didn't feel completely confident when my interview was over. I felt like my first two interviewers were really tough and unsatisfied with my answers but my last two interviewers were really fun and easy to talk to. So, moral of the story: you never know! Lol.

Archived