Looking for "unusal" PA jobs...flight PA? Wilderness clinic?

I'm looking for a new direction in my life and career...I was wondering if anyone knoew of any off-the-beaten-path opportunities?

I used to be an EMT and would love a "flight-PA" position, if such a thing exists...

But generally looking for any unusual opportunity...

Maybe a clinic in a wilderness or national park setting? Not sure where I'm going with that one... :o

Basically looking for anythjing non-traditional that doesn't involve sitting in a windowless office all day.

Certainly would be open to anything domestic or even international...though I don't know of any internation opportunties that aren't stricly volunteer/short term, so feel free to enlighten me...

Any leads would be appreciated!

medcor has jobs on tropical islands and natl parks(yellowstone clinic, etc)

raytheon polar services has jobs in antarctica

remote medical has jobs all over that require working in austere conditions

sevrin (sp?) has jobs for pa's in egypt

the state dept has jobs for pa's at every embassy in the world

the peace corps has jobs for peace corps medical officers all over the developing world

i just saw that a pa is the sole medical provider on midway island, way out in the middle of the pacific. I think this island is administered by the us fish & wildlife service, but not sure who the pa works for.

he works for remote medical. He is a member of this forum and one of my former students, rsqdiver

• 1 year later...

I'm curious about RMI myself. Not looking for a position next week necessarily, just really interested in exactly what kind of work they do. Would be an interesting dream for the future. Anyone have any experience with them or familiar with what sort of PA positions they have? I have read about the Midway job, and realize what a contractor in Iraq does, but I am interested in the middle ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived