Interviews Class of 2015

ariel802= I am driving down on the 23rd. I am thinking I will be in Madison sometime in the evening. I would like to stay as close as I can to the interview. I haven't checked the directions link on our letter yet though. I don't know Madison very well. I too am more familiar with Milwuakee. I am just trying to get a good game plan for the interview. It will be nice to meet others as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be there those dates as well. I am unsure of what to wear to all the different events. Any ideas?

I was wondering the same thing. I may contact Erin to find out. She is always very helpful.

ambsklind: are you applying to the distance program? Some of us may try to get together for dinner wednesday evening. Let us know if you are interested in joining us.

Ariel802. I had applied for long distance but was denied. Still waiting to hear why I am only being interviewed for on campus. Thanks for the invite to the dinner

ambsklind: sorry to hear you're not interviewing for DE. Will you still be interviewing Jan 24 & 25? I hear if you live close enough to Madison, they won't consider you. I wish you luck in your process!

I got an interview! Anybody else going on Jan 31th-Feb 1st?

Yes 31st-1st! Congratulations! I am so excited. I have a friend in his 2nd year of the program and he LOVES it. What do you think we should wear the first day? I am thinking the second day I will wear a suit (I am female, PS) :)

A lot of people wore suits both days at my interview, but I feel that as long as you're wearing clothes that are "business casual" on day one and a suit on day two you'll be fine. The first day you sit in on a class, talk to faculty and pa students, it's basically an orientation to the program. You get most if not all of your questions answered. So I would say be comfortable day one, and all business day two.

A lot of people wore suits both days at my interview, but I feel that as long as you're wearing clothes that are "business casual" on day one and a suit on day two you'll be fine. The first day you sit in on a class, talk to faculty and pa students, it's basically an orientation to the program. You get most if not all of your questions answered. So I would say be comfortable day one, and all business day two.

Thank you for the advice! I have a pencil skirt and blouse picked out for day 1 and a suit for day two. I'm so excited! I'll be at the best western near campus the 30th-1st if anybody else is there, I'd love to meet up!

Any tips for the interview? Questions they ask?

@hereandnowiamu Umm...that's pretty bold to ask of those of us who already went. It's a traditional interview. That said, if you've been preparing as you should have, and have done your homework on the Program and some deep soul searching then you'll be fine. I also believe it's more about your personality and how it matches the Program and the others that potentially make up the class.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived