class of 2015!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
@ TheLurg1687:

Hi Adam, I was trying to figure out the cost of living (apartments), tuition (for 1 year out-of state and 1 year of NY resident), books, travel (to school and back), equipment and supplies, health insurance, and all of the other miscellaneous fees that add up to a total cost of attending Stony Brook PA program. I know that at orientation during the interview, we were told the cost of tuition, but I live out of state and the information on cost of living and an approximate total cost would be really helpful coming from a current PA student. :) I understand that we will probably get more info later on, but I wanted to get a head start. If you have some time, I would really appreciate you help. Thank you in advance!

Heyyyy Sorry! We have been SWAMPED with Exams since the storm. I mean....SWAMPED. We are all exhausted right now. I think we had 10 exams/quizzes in the past 2 weeks? I lost track. Definitely realize this is the top school when it gets this tough!

The info for this will come later on. All I can HONESTLY say, is SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. FinAid gives you as much as they can, including cost of living. But there is only so much they can do. PLEASE save $$. Trust me. Pay off bills. But they are very helpful.

Everything takes time class of 2015. I know you guys are EXTREMELY EXCITED, but this stuff takes time. They are still finalizing the class, and with the storm, there is a huge delay. We were hit hard out here.

Trust SBU. They know what they are doing ;-)

I was told almost none of the students lived on campus, and I personally don't think I will be either. When I leave the hospital I want to kind of have a "separation" feeling from school. I will be there plenty, don't need to be surrounded by school when I get home. lol I was also told Audra sets up a FB group in December or January to get all of the incoming class in one place so we can look for roommates and places to live, etc. I know I will be looking for a roommate at this point, otherwise rent it quite high in the area unless you get one of the basement/studio apartments. Also a lot of 1st/2nd years are in the group and advertise when they are leaving their place/let you know whats open.

If you're nervous about finding an apartment in the area being so far away (totally get your position, coming from CA) online is the best way to find places, then asking the 1 years, or 2nd years if the places you found are good, is best. It sounds scary, but it's worked out well for me so far, I've done it twice in the last few years. Otherwise, just organize a trip to NYC early 2013 and look at as many apartments as you can while there. Also a valid method.

Talk with us (class of 2014). We will help as much as we can.

No rush either. Cant look for apartments that won't exist until May :-P

Archived