Orlando vs. Ft. Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale is the oldest PA program of all the NSU PA programs. Most people would prefer the one in Fort Lauderdale because it's basically the head quarter. Fort Lauderdale is the only one that has a human cadaver for anatomy lab and I'm going to assume that it's the most organized. My friend got into the Fort Lauderdale program and is on her first year and she loves it. I have a couple of friends in the Orlando campus and they have some complaints about it, but what can you do.

• 4 weeks later...

I was also accepted to NOVA Orlando, and I was recently asked to interview with NOVA Ft. Lauderdale. I was having the same dilemma... But, my parents live in Orlando (free place to stay), NOVA Orlando is in a great central location, and the staff/current students were very welcoming/encouraging/knowledgeable during my interview. I work alongside 2 PAs who went to NOVA Orlando and they loved it (one of them scored 100% on the PANCE). I also know a dermatology PA who graduated from NOVA Orlando and she was very pleased with the program. I would say go to the location you like better, and the place you can find cheaper rent... I have friends who graduated from Barry, Nova, UF, and out-of-state schools, and all of them tell me to go where my student loans will be the smallest. Hope this Helps you make a decision.... P.S. I was told not to make a decision based on the cadaver.

Just FYI, NSU Orlando PA class of 2012 just scored a 100% pass rate on their boards, 58 students in total. There are small plusses and minuses for all settings (no problems parking in Orlando for example; slightly cheaper cost of living) but the College makes sure all of the programs are solid and well resourced.

• 2 years later...

I have been accepted to NOVA Orlando and have been offered an interview at NOVA Ft. Lauderdale. Can anyone speak to how the programs compare? Would it be worth interviewing at the Ft. Lauderdale campus or should I just take the seat in Orlando?

Hey, I have to submit my supplement to NOVA Jackville, any tips on the essay portions? 

Archived