Can I get into a PA program if i majored in "Applied Health"?

• 1 month later...

This may be a bit late but I majored in a similar field (Generic Health Sciences) and had no problems. I would say it is more important to worry about getting good grades, decent scores on GRE, plenty of HCE, and simply being a very well rounded student. The schools often want to see that you are involved in more than school - they are looking for someone who can manage a handful of various activities and seeks out opportunities beyond school. Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm majoring in Health Science,but have no clinical experience. I currently work as an office manager for a Home Care company. Will this experience be accepted for the 5000 HCE hrs most schools require?

Unless you're interacting with patients directly in a clinical setting, this is unlikely to count towards your HCE. I would advise you to contact your desired program(s) of choice to ask them specifically if they would count your current job towards their HCE requirement, though. Of course take into account this is prime time for admissions and those folks are going to be very busy at this time. You may get more of their undivided attention once their not so bogged down with interviewing and accepting candidates. There are some programs in the country that do not require HCE at all or set their HCE minimum less than 5000 hours that you may be a good fit for pending all of your other stats. Hope that helps!

Archived