Extended Deadline on MEDEX Supplemental Application

Yes, some people don't read the directions before applying & don't qualify, & that does benefit the rest of us. But, MEDEX also does not settle for anyone, & they will open up more interview sessions & extend dates out until they get the applicants they want, even if it's the week before classes start. So, if you get in, it's because you were fully qualified.

mistercire: My initial reaction was to become quite nervous about this situation. However, it was stated that they had "more" applications than usual. I would assume that if the only change was that they had more applicants this year, that they would not extend the deadline, unless they had mostly ineligible applicants in their current pool. Although a significant shift in the typical proportion of qualified/non-qualified is possible, it is not likely. My hopes are high on the Tacoma site opening.

I received an email from Mariah yesterday saying they had only just now received my application (submitted 28Aug12), which sort of confirms my thought that the extension was probably due to CASPA running behind, & not so much because MEDEX was being bombarded with a whole lot more applicants than usual. This is good news in a way. With Tacoma more or less confirmed as a new site, there will be an extra 25-30 spots to fill this year, so your odds are slightly better than usual, especially if you had your app in by the early or normal deadlines.

Agreed. CASPA had my application at September 27th and just yesterday verified it and it's been mailed out today.

So...it appears that they're just playing catch-up and put the word out to schools. I know there are a lot of unqualified applications going out this year in talking with some of my classmates. I don't understand why you'd apply to a program when you haven't completed it's mandatory prerequisites.

Rich

Archived