Chances of getting in?

Hey I just received my first rejection letter from Arcadia and wanted to get your guys take on if I'll get in. My main flaw is my overall GPA which stands at 3.1. This is mainly due to my undergrad degree in finance where i got a 2.9, however I completed a pre-medical post bacc with a 3.5 and my overall science gpa is also a 3.5. I had over 1000 hrs as an EMT in boston at the time of submitting my CASPA app and will have ~2000 by the end of the year. I scored in the 83% and 73% for quantitative and verbal on the GRE. Thoughts on my chances? How much will that overall gap hurt me?

Quesoburrito, I was in a very similar position as you find yourself in now. I received a B.S. degree in environmental science in 1996 and an overall GPA of 2.9. I went back to school a couple of years ago and basically retook all my science classes and more. I finished with a 3.8. But when CASPA calculated my total GPA it was only a 3.2 or something. I also was working as an EMT at an ER in montana. I applied to ten colleges and received nine rejection letters. The tenth one i got an interview and acceptance. You will be penalized for your low undergrad GPA. But, you must play to your strengths, such as practical work and life experience, and a new commitment to make this work. You should be writing a killer personal statement describing how you got where you are and how you having taken responsibly for past under achievements, how you have corrected them, and why you are now a motivated, unique asset to a program. Don't get discouraged! It sounds like you have a lot going for you. You just need to sell yourself enough to get an interview....play to your current strengths and what separates you from the thousands of other applicants who want your spot.

Arcadia likes a very high GPA, as along with most schools. My science GPA was a 3.2 and cumulative 3.4. Try tosearch on here and find schools that look at the "whole" picture and not just what your grades were. Make sure that you have an amazing personal statement and just continually try to improve your personal statemet. I had to apply two years, but I am starting the journey in January and make sure when you get an interview you nail it :)

Arcadia likes a very high GPA, as along with most schools. My science GPA was a 3.2 and cumulative 3.4. Try tosearch on here and find schools that look at the "whole" picture and not just what your grades were. Make sure that you have an amazing personal statement and just continually try to improve your personal statemet. I had to apply two years, but I am starting the journey in January and make sure when you get an interview you nail it :)

I am also trying to get into Arcadia, how high do you think the GPA has to be to get in? Do you know a lot about Arcadia if so I would love to know more. I am a transfer student and just got accepted into the college for the fall of 2013 as pre-PA and would love to know my chances of getting into the program.

I am a transfer student and just got accepted into the college for the fall of 2013 as pre-PA and would love to know my chances of getting into the program.

If you are registered at Arcadia University as an undergraduate in their pre-PA program, then you're automatically guaranteed acceptance ***as long as you comply with their terms***. I believe their terms were something like a minimum of 15 credits per semester and maintaining a 3.25GPA. There were some other minor specifics, but those were the general terms I remember. So, if you're registered and accepted at AU as a Pre-PA major... your undergrad career will be 3 years (if memory serves me right) and you are automatically reserved a spot in their PA program.

Archived