NHSC loan repayment status?

So I applied this year for the loan repayment program with NHSC. I waited patiently yesterday, which was the deadline, but never got any notification whether or not I got my award. Anyone else in this situation? It looks like online that they didn't even look at my application. What's up with these people?

So I applied this year for the loan repayment program with NHSC. I waited patiently yesterday, which was the deadline, but never got any notification whether or not I got my award. Anyone else in this situation? It looks like online that they didn't even look at my application. What's up with these people?

When did you apply? Did you complete everything on the application? I believe the application deadline was back in May. It took me a solid week to get everything taken care of that they wanted. What is the status of your application? Check: programportal.hrsa.gov

I completed my application the first week of January. I found out about my award last week. There are, of course, other factors that go into their decision. The HPSA site score seems to be the most important part of their decision regarding who does and does not receive the award. What is your site score?

Sorry for all of the questions. It has been a long process for me. I called them several times to confirm they had all of the information that was required and to make sure I wasn't missing something.

@mainiac: Interview? What are you talking about?

My score site is a 3, unfortunately. But, people that applied last year said they got it. I guess there were a lot more applicants this year. I got all of my paperwork and application done in early May before the deadline. My status says: Under Completeness Review. The thing that really bothers me is that they never even notified my that I did or didn't get it.

Yeah, that would frustrate me too. Maybe you could give them a call to see where you stand? I'm thinking at this point they are probably deciding what to do with the remaining funds. I'm sure the majority of their applicants work at sites with a score of 14 or less, which means your competition is going to be even more stiff for the part-time award. I think your best bet is to give them a call. Good luck.

Same thing happened to me. My site score is 9. It happened to a friend of mine also with a 7 score. A provider at my site got the full amount last year so I'm not sure if the reduced amount is new for this year or what. (Not that I would be any less gratefull for any amount). Do you know of anyone who has a confirmed "no" yet? Maybe they are just behind since the higher scores were just recently notified.

I work at a site with a score of 10. My application status is also still listed as "under completeness review." I called NHSC yesterday to check on my status and they told me that "Unfortunately, we ran out of money before we could even view your application." Sounds like a definite No to me. I hope the rest of you have better luck!

So I called them again and they told me that if I have not got any info about the award that I will find out this Friday, 10/12/2012, and that they are still giving out awards. I guess they are just super behind. For some reason I still have my hopes up. Anyone get an award post 9/30/12?

• 4 months later...

Archived