Application Costs?

I already submitted all materials back in August, but I was surprised at how much everything cost me-- the initial CASPA fee, the per program CASPA fee, the supplemental application fees, the $25/school GRE fee, the $25/school transcript fee that my University assesses me to mail an official copy, etc. I was wondering, on average, how much each students spends (in total) to apply to PA programs in one cycle?

short answer... far less than the overall cost of attending the school...

I don't know. I am a HUGE fan of actually applying to schools that are a good match, as many programs have their own particular student that they covet. I applied to just one school. I don't remember how much it costs but I can bet the celebration dinner I had when I got accepted was far more than the cost of applying.

These folks who use a "shotgun approach" with double digit applications boggle my mind

Due to the high cost of applying, I only applied to 4 programs. I paid $270 through CASPA, $75 for GRE fees (I had already sent my GRE scores to 2 of the programs, but one had lost it so I had to resend it), and one school had a $55 supplemental application fee. My school doesn't chard transcript fees (thank god). My total for applying to the four schools was $400.

I wish it was less expensive applying to schools so that I could have applied to more, but it was just way too much money. It averaged $100 per school which just seems outrageous to me.

I applied to five schools. Including CASPA, supplemental fees, sending GRE transcripts, and interview accommodations puts me easily at $1,500 and that's not even including the $500 I paid a few days ago to hold my spot at one of my first choices. It's certainly not cheap, and I can't wrap my head around the people applying to double digit schools. I interviewed with one girl who applied to over 30!

Archived