Too many Transcripts?

I have 6 transcripts in total. Recently at an interview, I was asked with concern why I have so many transcripts. 3 of them were used in combination to finish my BA, [started at a 2 yr, transferred to a 4 yr - withdrew, and transferred to another 4 yr to complete]. In effort to finish on time, I took one class online through another school as a visiting student in the winter. So now I'm up to 4 transcripts. Lastly as I began to complete my prereqs I took Genetics online through a neighboring school at the same time I went to a nearby 4 yr institution. So theres a quick rundown of how I got 6 transcripts.

My question:

Who cares? I had a rough start to my undergrad and finished it out strong, I needed a few more prereqs before I could apply and took them where they were convenient. why should my number of transcripts be of a concern when half of them only have 1 or 2 classes on them, hopefully showing that I did what I needed to. Has anyone else ever been in this situation, or asked on the day of their interview?

As long as you have a logical answer, I don't see it being a problem. I have 7. Two for my undergrad as I took one summer school class at Berkeley before graduating from 'SC. My post bacc was all done at the community college level at 4 different campuses of the same community college district. Why did I go to 4 different campuses? Easy. So that I could get the classes and complete them in the shortest time possible. It was often within a semester that I would travel to 2 or 3 campuses on the same day, all so that I could complete pre-req's faster. So for anyone that thinks CC's are easier, I would beg to differ.

Rich

I also had 7 transcripts. I took a college class in high school (1), the school where I started and finished my undergrad (2), the school I went to for a couple of semesters in the middle of my undergrad (3), the college associated with my paramedic school (4), and the schools where I took prereqs (5-7).

I don't see an issue with this as long as you can give a reasonable explanation. I do have a problem with the interviewer's question as I see it as yet another example of PA school admissions favoring 22 year olds who are straight out of undergrad with no real life experience.

I have 8 transcripts. I have undergrad & grad degrees, an EMT cert, took college classes in high school, did a semester abroad, did postbac classes for my graduate degree and now for PA. I'm 44. This is not my first career.

I hope the school that was concerned about this isn't one of the ones I applied to. Don't get me started on how some PA schools seem to favor 22 year olds with 4.0s in their admissions decisions.

I think I had five. Two undergrad, one masters program, and two schools where I took pre-reqs. I think it's odd that the school asked you about it. It's obviously not that unusual in the wider pool of PA applicants. Maybe something about your applications sent up a red flag and they worded their question poorly.

Archived