my latest publication...

My latest publication in a peer-reviewed journal described me as "physician's assistant under Dr. name of supervising physician"

They asked me for a descriptor and told me they would put in what I wrote, yet someone there decided to ad an apostrophe S and change "at such-and-such clinic" to "under Dr. name of supervising physician." errrrrrrrrrrr. I emailed them to correct the apostrophe S but didn't bother mentioning the other part.

Link please, unless you want to remain incognito.....

I do want to remain incognito with this username (although if someone really wanted to they could figure out who I am). I will private message you the link but the online PDF copy seems to have been corrected already! thankfully! Though the print edition is already out and thus tarnished for ever. haha.

My latest publication in a peer-reviewed journal described me as "physician's assistant under Dr. name of supervising physician"

They asked me for a descriptor and told me they would put in what I wrote, yet someone there decided to ad an apostrophe S and change "at such-and-such clinic" to "under Dr. name of supervising physician." errrrrrrrrrrr. I emailed them to correct the apostrophe S but didn't bother mentioning the other part.

Speaking of this (the bolded), is it an insult to refer to a PA as "Dr. Smith's PA"? I hear patients say this quite a bit: "I had a follow-up with the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and I saw Joe, Dr. Smith's PA." I know the 's when it comes to physician assistant is a no-no, but how about "Dr. Smith's PA"?

Archived