The Danger of Hospitals and "Non-Physician Assistants"

Why wasn't the Renal guy more involved? It's been my experience that D5W isn't the favorite flavor IVF on the surgical services. I wonder why it was used and who was monitoring I&Os along with her labs. I've seen folks order labs reflexively and then fail to follow them ! To me the unknowing of the full picture I can say ignorance isn't bliss. The take home lesson is PAY ATTENTION TO THE PATIENT COMPLETLEY!

so it is these "non-physician assistants" that did this?

who were they?

and why was there not an attending at least daily rounding on the patient - oh there was.... gotta have that in the ICU

seriously sounds like stuff got missed, but why is not stated in the article -

come to my hospital and it is not the PA or NP in the ICU but instead a whole bunch of FMG that litterally don't speak english.... now that creates problems.... thank god for a great group of attendings!

To be fair, it didn't sound like he was baging too much on the PA's in particular, however, I have story after story of physician f/ups, a few as recent as 2-3 weeks, so if it gets to mudslinging, lemme know cuz I got a boatload of mud I can sling.

Medicine is a big sport, everybody makes mistakes.

To be fair, it didn't sound like he was baging too much on the PA's in particular, however, I have story after story of physician f/ups, a few as recent as 2-3 weeks, so if it gets to mudslinging, lemme know cuz I got a boatload of mud I can sling.

Medicine is a big sport, everybody makes mistakes.

EXACTLY

but it sure is easier to pick on, and think you got lesser care if an ASSISANT was delivering it...

the fact of the matter is the sicker you are the more dangerous hospitals are.... I make a point to stay away from them!

Archived