Interviews for 2012-2013 Application

Thanks Cody. Actually, what I'm looking to discover is the time frame between TNU letting you know that they received your application and when you received TNU's invite to an interview. My application was verified sometime in September and TNU notified me that they received it on October 10th and now I am waiting to hear from them regarding an interview (or rejection). So it's been approximately 25 so far with no word.

Thank you Cody!

Joshua

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of you still waiting for an email to interview there is still hope! The admissions committee is meeting one more time Dec 17 to choose their last round of applicants to be interviewed in January. I have been trying to keep up with admissions and am hopeful for an email- good luck to you all!

They would let you know if you didn't get in. From our round of interviews in October, they said that if we didn't hear anything, that meant we were put on the waiting list. I interviewed on Thursday, October 25 and they called me the next Wednesday. I don't know when they were meeting to decide for you guys, though! Best of luck!! :)

So if you haven't heard anything by this point you're probably out?

Not necessarily- I imagine whoever is chosen for the last set of interviews in january will find out in the next few days. They don't send out rejection letters so if you don't hear anything come January, you can call the school and ask if you have been rejected- unless you are talking about hearing after an interview. I haven't been lucky enough to have had one yet but my understanding is that you will know if you are in for sure within a few days but I'm not sure about being waitlisted.

Hi bnicole, see above, my husband got an invite. Did you get one?
No unfortunately I haven't but I'm happy to hear that for you and your husband. So he just got an email tonight? Wow that was fast! If you have any questions about nashville feel free to ask- my husband and I have lived here for about 4 years now and it's a great place. One thing I will say is that I think campus if beautiful - don't be detered by the fact that it isn't in the best part of the town, there are lots of great areas nearby and surrounding!

Thanks for the advice bnicole...got to get past the interview part before we start to think about where to live for 2 years! We have friends who live in Nashville as well so if my husband does get in, we'll probably get some help from them. Glad to hear you like it so much - are you originally from Tennessee?

Yes he got an email at around 5 pm tonight. He applied to 7 schools, got an interview in September but didn't get a seat at that school, then 4 more rejections and we've been waiting on 2 schools but somewhat discouraged. So when he got the email he told me a little bit in shock. very pumped but also know how easy it is to get excited and then get turned down...

LJgiblin- no I'm not- I'm from nebraska but the people here are friendly and there is always tons to do! Uhh I feel your pain- rejection is so hard. Believe me, this is my second time applying and next year will be my third but I'm only applying to Trevecca (I know, sounds silly) as I like the school and work with several PA's who went there- plus I am not willing to do long distance again with my husband who has to stay in Nashville. Every time you are rejected it feels like it takes a little piece out of you, but try to have faith- it will happen when it is supposed to happen- that's what I keep telling myself. I have a competitive resume but a-not-so competitive gpa so that's not a quick fix unfortunately. Surely he knows this and I know you aren't asking for advice but if he got an interview at another school and wasn't accepted, help him to consider what he learned from his last interview to improve on for this one so he can knock it out of the park! Good luck to you guys!

Bnicole, did you have direct patient experience? I believe that is my down side. My advisor did some heavy research about this. I'll graduate in may an I'm 21. The average age going into Trevecca is 25 with 3 years working in the medical field. Based on what most people are posting, I'm definitely down on the age thing and I'm guessing the health care part is big too.

Archived