Interviews 2012!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a loaded question asking me.. My shadowing hours were probably equal to people's HCE hour totals LOL...

I don't think it's a bad thing to shadow an NP.. It'll give you good insight to compare and contrast between professions.

Sorry you didn't get in this year, why do you think your shadowing may have had influence in not being accepted?

Pablon- I'm sorry to hear that. I know programs want people to really understand the difference between PA, NP and MD. I remember in the Touro interview they asked me why I want to be a PA instead of a NP, so make sure to really research the professions to understand the differences and have reasons why. And then I also made sure I was very clear that if I didn't get into a PA program this year, I would re-apply and/or do whatever it takes to re-apply and be competitive, and not just take another career path. Shadowing could help because you could ask a PA questions and get better insight into what actually goes on, but I agree with Timon that shadowing a MD and NP as well will help you understand all 3 fields even more and make you better off for the interview. Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived