Sign in to follow this  
tdgarcia

what does a semester at UTMB look like?

Hello, this is for any UTMB students out there. I wanted to know what a typical semester looks like at BCM. How many hours per day at you at class, or just what your schedule looks like? How many breaks are there? I want to get married before I attend PA school. I know there are people out there who are married, so i think it is possible. I just want to know the type of schedule to see how I could manage my time. Also, is there any married women out there who could share their experience or advice?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MiMtMePAC
      Hello,
      I recently graduated and was offered a New Grad Hospitalist position in the New England area at a community hospital without some specialties and would like some feedback on the offer...
      Compensation: $48/hr, annually $99,840, plus incentive bonus (unknown amount), shift differential for night shifts $3/hr
      Schedule: 3 12hr shifts, alternating weeks of days and nights, 2 locations couple blocks apart, 6-10pts per day, great coaching and MD support, closed ICU/OBGYN, all surgical emergencies go to larger state hospital nearby
      PTO: 280hr allotment for all CME, sick, vacation, holidays, etc
      CME: $2500 for all license, DEA, certifications, etc
      Added bonus: AAPA Hospitalist bootcamp after 3-6months of starting, covered by the hospital
      Benefits: 10K loan reimbursement per year, relocation reimbursement coverage, 403b 3% match first year, then 5% match thereafter; Healthcare, Life insurance, AD&D, malpractice with tail coverage, etc. 

Does this seem like adequate compensation in general, and is that a good differential for nights? How could I negotiate this if at all? The alternating weeks of days and nights sounds rough, how could I configure this? Any other comments or insights are appreciated!
      Thanks for your help!
    • By anazia
      I have a Bachelors and MPhil in Environmental Sciences. I got married young and have two kids at 27. I am planning to get back to my studies, as both of them are off to school.  I want to apply for Physician assistant program, but I would like to know my chances.
      I have been working as a freelance research assistant for four years. I have worked on medical and scientific papers. I am a good student and have always done well in studies. 
      I am planning to start with Prereqs because even though my degree covers some subjects, I don't want to risk my chances by using an old degree. Also, I am not good at math and have started working on my GRE.
      The only drawback of my situation is that we only have two universities nearby, offering this program. I know I have very slim chances and have been told repeatedly that I might not get in, but I still want to try.

I'll really appreciate your suggestions.
    • By Briannaarroyo
      I am currently trying to register for my courses for the Fall and am running into a problem. For my major, the school only requires one semester of general organic chemistry. I have looked at several PA programs to see their requirements and it only stated that you need organic chemistry, but do not specify if it is one semester or a whole year of organic chemistry. Please help! 
    • By wannabepac
      Starting a thread for the 2018-2019 cycle! Good luck everyone :)
    • By Draconisnewt
      Wondering if anyone else had the unique experience and am in bit of a pickle? 
      So I'm trying to input my grades from my undergrad for CASPA but my issue is that for my senior year of undergrad my school switched from a quarter system to semester system. Now trying to put this in CASPA it only lets me put in one or the other. I've ordered and received my official transcripts for clarity but it doesn't specify or put them under one umbrella. I want to just copy word for word what it says on my transcripts and leave it be but what if I'm wrong and need to convert to semester? 
      I've contacted CASPA directly and told me to convert the units??? What does that mean?? They also told me to call my school. I called my school and they had no idea what I was talking about, I got transferred to an answering machine. 
      I think this is a pretty unique situation. I was considering professional transcript entry to just get it over with but I don't want any mistakes on it. Especially in this kind of situation. 
      Thoughts? Should I just copy everything exactly it says on my transcripts? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More