I realize this question has probably been presented before so I'll apologize in advance, but I just wanted to get a better understanding of how to present the differences when being interviewed, and I'm in the process of building a sort of comparison chart so that I can get as much information as possible. From the shadowing that I have done with a PA in clinic and surgery I have really only encountered one NP in the clinic, and could not "at first glance" gather enough of a difference in the method that she saw patients for clinic appointments. But I know that NPs and RNs alike are not trained in the medical model that MDs and PAs receive but rather a nursing one. I realize that NPs are also considered independent practitioners vs. the dependent practitioners or physician extenders that PAs work as. I have never directly shadowed RNs or NPs so I'm just hoping to understand that perspective a bit more. Thanks for any help with this! :)

Archived