Good references for new grads starting in EM

Hello all, I just received an offer in emergency medicine as a new grad fresh out of school. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for study resources/ CME that will be the best use of my time in staying on top of emergency medicine concepts. Helpful resources to keep on hand during shifts would also be appreciated!

Please refrain from comments/debates regarding new grads starting in EM vs urgent cares vs fellowships, etc. While finding a place willing to give me an opportunity without a fellowship/prior experience outside of clinicals feels a bit like winning the lottery right now, I am very aware I'm about be "thrown to the fire" and feeling a bit out of my depth on my start date. I discussed their onboarding process at length during my interviews, and it seems well thought out and fair. It is a large teaching hospital and it is not this department's first time hiring new grads. They seem to have held a good retention rate with their current process. I would just like to do my part to meet them halfway and ensure I am a competent and knowledgeable provider! 

• Join SEMPA - go to the conference, go to the workshops.
  • Get a free subscription to Medscape: very well organized online reference that's quick to use.
  • Get the EMRA guides, esp. the antibiotic guides
  • Get Habif's Skin Disease and Treatment
  • Read either Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine (less definitive but easier) or Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
  • Trott's Wounds and Lacerations
  • Roberts and Hedges Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine (would defer this one)

Plan on at least 3 years before really becoming proficient.  Focus on getting get at a few things at a time vs trying to learn too much about everything at the same time.

• Like 1