Interviews 2012/2013 Cycle

I know Touro is rolling admission but I submitted my CASPA in August and my supplemental application on December 1. I did not hear back from them until end of March. I don't know why they got back to me so late but does anyone know if they still accept students this late in the application cycle or are we all going to be put on the waitlist/rejected pile?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Touro is rolling admission but I submitted my CASPA in August and my supplemental application on December 1. I did not hear back from them until end of March. I don't know why they got back to me so late but does anyone know if they still accept students this late in the application cycle or are we all going to be put on the waitlist/rejected pile?

I was also offered a supplemental and submitted it around the same time. I was informed that the ADCOM is still reviewing applications if chosen, may interview sometime in May. However, I do not know if we will be placed on a waitlist. I'm just being patient for now!

I was also offered a supplemental and submitted it around the same time. I was informed that the ADCOM is still reviewing applications if chosen, may interview sometime in May. However, I do not know if we will be placed on a waitlist. I'm just being patient for now!

Hi everyone! I have an interview at Touro coming up in a few weeks- I'm very excited and want to be as prepared as possible! I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone out there can help me out with:

1. I've heard some people say to bring a resume/CV to the interview...I understand the "be prepared" mentality but also don't want to go totally overboard and want to keep it minimal on what I bring along so as not to appear "cluttered"- any thoughts on this? did you bring/not bring a CV and wish you had or hadn't bothered?

2. Also, for women, did you bring a purse along to the interview/ any thoughts on this?

Additionally, if anyone has any advice or tips on what to expect for the interview, I am all ears and would really appreciate it! Feel free to PM me or reply to this post. Thanks so much! :smile:

Hi Stephanie! Here is my take after going through the interview process on 4/16.

1. Go ahead and bring your resume. I did not see anyone with one, but it doesn't hurt to try and show it to them during your personal interview. This will be the last time you are able to show them who you are.:) Although, they stressed to us that there was no need to talk ourselves up, because they wouldn't have chosen us to interview if we didn't have what it takes.:) You will be given a folder in the beginning with info about Touro and you schedule for the day, so you could slip it into there without looking odd carrying around your résumé.

2. Most of the women, including me brought a small purse. You do not need to bring water or snacks because they provide both. You will also be so nervous that you probably won't want to eat. Lol

3. Advice...without giving anything away... Just be yourself. It is nerve racking, and you will probably freeze up a couple of times, but just relax and remember to breathe. Talk to the students and don't be afraid to ask questions. They are all amazingly sweet and will answer any of your questions about both the public health and PA program. Remember too, that out of 1600 applicants, they chose you and around 200-250 other students to interview, so they must like you.:) Good luck and all the best!

I thought this might be fun and useful if anyone wants to know the dates from submitted CASPA up until now.

October 30, 2012- CASPA submitted and completed

December 20, 2012- Invited to submit Supplemental Application via email

January 11, 2013- Submitted Supplemental Application via email

January 14, 2013- Received email stating "Application Complete" and under committee review

March 28, 2013- Received invitation to interview via email

April 16, 2013- Interview

As of today, April 26, 2013, waiting to hear if accepted or not.:)

Archived