Interviews 2012/2013 Cycle

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm scheduled for Nov 27th. Unfortunately I'm coming from over seas, so I had to book far out. I'm trying to find out the forum...do you know? Panel? 10 min mini interviews? Written portion?

Thanks!

When I interviewed there in May everyone got seperated in groups. From there you did one of these at a time:

- Research paper using their library

- Campus Tour

- Individual interview (2 faculty members)

- Group ethical decision scenario (non moderated in closed circuit recording)

- Group ethical decision scenario (moderated by a faculty member)

Most of the questions asked in the individual interview were scenario based ethical issues, and then questions about serving rural populations from personal experience.

I'm in the program as well and the only thing we all have in common is strong personality. They don't want a homogeneous class; everyone brings something different to the table. I appreciate that Touro recognizes that experience, passion, and maturity are better predictors of success in healthcare than GPA and GRE scores. Demonstrate that you will be a respected and respectful healthcare professional.

It seems like all the interview dates mentioned so far are on Tuesdays. Does anyone know if they offer other dates during the week or even weekend? Thank you.

I think they're all Tuesdays so far... Touro is a Jewish institution so they don't hold campus activities on weekends after I think sundown on Friday.

no interview yet, just got email invite for supp app and its already late sept :(

so I'm not sure of my chances since its a rolling admission and the deadline is like 2 mon away.

app was mailed 8/24

Depress :(

Don't stress about it too much. Last cycle I turned my supplement application in December / January and got an interview in May. My advice is to turn it in and follow up every 2-3 weeks or so asking for status and give them an update on something like HCE hours or volunteering or courses / certs.

I did not, but I believe a few people from my interview date did. The program wasn't a good fit for me and I would have declined had I been accepted due to personal reasons.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us. Are you reapplying this year for another program? If so, which ones? What did you not like about the program at Touro?

I don't expect to get far until next application cycle as i need to increase my GPA and gain additional paid HCE as I'm making the career change from business management to healthcare. So I'm applying to 2 programs this cycle Touro NV and Western in Pomona. I'm really eye balling RCC as that is ny top preference but still need to hit 2k HCE (I'm about 1k shy).

I'm on Hold at western as they only look at GPA.

I'm interviewing at TUN on 10/17.

What I didn't like were:

1. $132 k + living expenses.. That was too far out budget for me.. 1 more year and $50k more and I could go to med school.

2. Wasn't a fan of the area

3. It was too far away from my family.. 8hr car ride or 1hr flight plus distance of airport / and overall travel costs.

4. Didn't feel like wow.. I want to learn from these guys. So I felt disinterested when they were speaking to the interviewees.

5. I don't care for the MPH.. I already got an MBA.. Why do I need 3 masters degrees? And there's no way to opt out of it.

Archived