Methodist University PA Program, c/o 2015

Hello! I was just accepted to MUPAP a few days ago. I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone else who reads this forum has also been accepted. Any other future Monarch PA students out there?

I'm so psyched -- ready to meet my classmates and start school! Not sure if I will make it the next 11 months without having my head implode/explode with excitement!

-Erika

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received a response in 9 days. Heather, as for the interview itself...I don't know how to describe it other than to say the faculty members and students were incredibly kind and helpful. I have heard and read about a lot of programs that are out to "get" you in interviews. I didn't get that feeling at Methodist. Certainly, I was nervous, but that goes without saying. The interviewers didn't try to make things worse. From what I was asked, I think they are just trying to make sure you're aware of the nature of being a physician assistant, and they're trying to make sure you're prepared for the rigor of the program. Best wishes to you....let me know how things turn out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! I am in the class of 2014 and am so glad you all are choosing to attend Methodist. When you are assigned a PA buddy make sure you utilize them and ask any questions you might have. Also, if you have any additional questions you can feel free to email me at lelovette@student.methodist.edu. Well, guess i'll get back to studying for exams but again congrats and PLEASE enjoy your free time while you have it lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

TarheelGirl, I haven't checked this thread in awhile until just now. I hope this info will still be useful. At this point, I cannot remember all the questions I was asked. I remember a few: "Why PA school instead of med school?" "Why MU instead of your alma mater?" (I went to Duke for undergrad, and they have a PA school.) "Strengths/weaknesses?" While there are some questions that will be the same for all applicants, I would assume a good deal of questions are applicant-specific. So you may get some/all/none of these questions. Regardless of the questions you are asked, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of being genuine, making eye contact, smiling, answering concisely (they will ask you for more information if they want elaboration), and being professional. I applied for last year's class as well and did not get accepted. I BOMBED the interview....You talk about wanting to shrivel up and die in a corner somewhere...Ugh. Pretty much whatever you could do wrong, I did it. I experienced some serious self-loathing after that interview. In addition to doing poorly with eye contact and not smiling enough (or at all, because I was terrified at the interview), I responded to some questions with "canned" answers instead of answers that belonged to me. I also rambled in some responses, because I let my nervousness take over. Finally, I answered one question with a subject that was close -- too close -- to my heart and lost my composure. I believe any school interviewing you needs to know you are able to be professional, and if you cross the line and are unable to maintain composure....not good. I hope some of this information is useful to you and any other applicant applying to MU.

Archived