ATSU class of 2015!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I'm a bit confused on ATSU accreditation status. It says they are continuing accreditation. The commission voted to place the Physician Assistant program on Probation until its next comprehensive review in March 2014. So what does it mean for the students? I applied there and I just wanted to know if it was still a good school to go to if I got accepted.

It means nothing to current or any incoming students before the 2014 review. Any students attending now, or before the review will graduate from an accredited program. If for some reason they lost accreditation, they would no longer be able to accept new students into the program after that point. However, they made it very clear in the interview that they have changed/resolved all issues that put them on probation as well as making the processes better for the future students (as said by the current 1st year students). I was just accepted and I have no worries about how it will go.

Hey all, congrats on getting in! I was just wondering what the interview process is like. I heard that it wasn't a group interview but there was an essay at the end? Thanks!

One-on-one with program director, two-on-one with you and faculty, and an essay. They do not go out of their way to make it more stressful for you by any means. Everyone is very nice. Best of luck to you.

Archived