Waiting on Last LOR

My CASPA app is ready to go with the exception of one LOR. I realize I can submit with 2/3 LOR's but my last one is from a physician. Should I just submit and wait for the third LOR from the physician to be forwarded to the schools I'm applying to or should I hold out a little longer? This is probably my most important LOR since most schools require one from a PA or physician, so It would be weird if they only received the other 2 (nurse and medic supervisor) but had to wait on the required LOR. Most of the school deadlines are Nov. 1, so it's getting close.

USAFmedic,

If it were me, I would go ahead and submit your application. The verification process can take a little while, especially around the deadline time frames. Schools are accessing your application via online after it's been verified anyway, so once your last letter is submitted, they can see it. I understand firsthand how PA's and Docs have a very busy lifestyle and can sometimes place requests for LOR's on the back burner, but what is your relationship with the physician who is writing your letter for you? Are you comfortable with sending a friendly reminder email or speaking with them directly about how the deadline is approaching and their letter is the last item needed for your application?

Archived