Interviews for 2012-2013

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!

Just remember a few things: look and dress sharp; answer the questions sincerely, and if you can - give examples from work/patient related experience. They asked me what I think would be my greatest challenge while in PA school. While amount of material and the time you put to study are good answers, i simply said getting up early every day (like 6 a.m.). Both my interviewers were laughing (one was program director). And do not let anybody intimidate you. You went this far, you know why you want to be a PA, just show it!

P.S. make sure you know why not MD/NP (at least I was asked that).

Good luck. :)

After some thought, I have decided to let go of my seat.

Rush has a great reputation, so that's why i applied, but weighing my options with other schools I have decided to select a different school.

So good luck to the rest of you!

EDIT: Wow, I didn't expect so many msgs.

I will write it here, because you guys are asking the same thing.

Yes, I did like Rush. I liked the facility and the environment. The people running the program seems nice, from what I can gather from the interview. There are two reasons why I chose to go somewhere else.

First, Rush is new. Rush has a great reputation, but still the PA program is yet unproven.

Second, The program is nearly 3 years. More experience is a good thing sure, but for the same degree, I chose a more common 2 year program. (Saves on tuition too).

I'm not saying Rush is BAD, NOT at all. It just wasn't a fit for what I was looking for. Good Luck once again.

Archived