Interviews for 2012-2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Accepted today. Anyone else?

To answer your question balyak, my science gpa was a little over 3.5, and i have around 2,000 patient care hours. Majority of those coming from being an EMT. As far as the interview goes, attempt to answer questions through recalling past events in your life/work as examples. Personally this helped keep me loose and relaxed and probably offered the interviewers a good look into who I am and how I function.

Good luck.

Anyone one else interviewing on November 30th?? I'm so excited/nervous because Rush U was my reach school. To those who have interviewed, did you study for the medical terminology exam? Also, did you guys dress up very formally or just business casual? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question but this is my first interview. My stats are: science gpa 3.5, cumulative gpa 3.65, about 1,500 health care hours, 160 on both verbal and quantitative GRE, and 5.0 analytical.

• 4 weeks later...

Rush was my stretch school as well...and I got invited for an interview today. Now I've got to find my huge stack of med term note cards and get studying! I interview on January 11th. Who knows if there will be any seat available then. I'm most nervous about the essay. Was it terrible??

The medical terminology exam was tough but they say it plays no part in your admission decision. They say many ppl fail and still get accepted and they keep giving it to you til you pass. So i wouldn't worry too much about it. The essays were not bad either. There were two and they were both hypothetical situations. There's no way you can really prepare for them so just make sure you write a thorough, thoughtful essay! You'll be fine. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

@balyak: I want to say it was pretty standard, to the line of why a PA, and tell about yourself, and things like that. Also, some ethical questions, but again, nothing stood out... Exam in medical terminology was hard for many people, but like they said, you can always retake it. Essay topics were given ahead of time, early in the day, which I am sure helped. :) I only had three days to get ready for the interview and it was a first one for me.

When are you interviewing?

O.K. I had interview Friday the 11th, got my acceptance email this morning! :) I am sooooooooo excited!

As for my stats: GRE 302.5 (not great), GPA 3.97 and science 3.91, ~9000 HCE (Registered EEG tech), work on a day to day basis with PA's, MD's and nurses.

Anybody else from the Friday interview got an acceptance email?

Rush here I come! :)

Krystsina

Archived