Pre-PA Student

I am going to be applying to PA school this upcoming spring cycle, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to certify in phlebotomy still? I have 2,000 hours of PCE as a patient care assistant and was considering if it would look good on my application that I am certified in something. Is it worth it even if I'll have just a few months of experience on my application? How might that look to schools that view this?

Much thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

You have a competitive amount of PCE for most schools, but I felt the same way in that it could only help my chances to become certified or keep adding to my resume to show I am dedicated. I would way time and money requirements and if that is not a barrier to you I would do it just for the sake of being able to say you did. I took a doula certification course not to practice being a doula, but to gain more knowledge about patient care. Hope this helps!